crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Art Reversal

With my wife having inked my work recently, we decided to go for a little reversal. What if she drew an image and I inked it.

After tossing around a few options, we decided on a Superman piece. Not just any Superman piece, but a Jim Lee Superman. My amazing wife can do anything. From drawing in the style of Jim Lee to shooting top of the line fashion. Nothing is beyond her. She is a constant inspiration to me. There is nothing she cant do.

A week after inking my Gambit, she decided to lay down her pencils on Superman. Scrappy and I would be out of the house, so she would have the house all too herself to draw. Drawing in isolation is my preferred method of drawing. My love's line work was very strong. The piece had quite a bit of cross-hatching (a Jim Lee staple) so it was a difficult piece to both draw and ink.

Below is the third consecutive collaboration between my wife and I. I was little heavy handed in my inking (as is my style), so a lot of the intricate line work my wife created was lost. While I feel this is still a strong piece, I think the pencils were stronger than the inks. This marks the first time I've ever inked someone else's work. I'm sure the next time around will be better.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • That's all very flattering, my love, but I don't think the pencils looked anything like Jim Lee's piece before you touched Sharpie to comic board.

    By Blogger Madeline, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home