crazy colored glasses

Sunday, April 26, 2009

G.I. Joe Resolute

I watched the latest rendition of G.I. Joe this morning. The new G.I. Joe Resolute cartoon shown on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network premiered last night. All in all, I must say I was very impressed. Save for a few bits of story telling I didn't agree with, I highly recommend it to any Joe fan.

The animation and voices (while a limited cast) were top notch. Not as cartoony as the 80's cartoon. I believe the animation was done by a Japanese studio. It was a far better animated Joe than the previous Sigma 6 effort

The needless elimination of major villains (Major Bludd, Zartan and Storm Shadow all killed) and Scarlett picking Duke (major tool) over Snake Eyes (total badass) were slaps in the face to true Joe fans. Any one who has followed Joe continuity for as long as I have knows Scarlett belongs with Snake Eyes, period. In comcs lore, he lost his face and voice protecting Scarlett, therefore tying them together for life. Simply put, they belong together. Those minor complaints (and the somewhat lukewarm ending) aside, an excellent effort by Hasbro and all individuals involved. I hope to see more adventures in the Resolute format.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home