crazy colored glasses

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brubaker Blues

I learned recently that Ed Brubaker (one of my favorite writers) was leaving Daredevil (one of my favorite titles)... this immediately saddened me... what saddened me even more was the appointment of Andy Diggle as new writer.

Now, I can honestly say I don't know a lot about Andy Diggle as a writer. The only story of his I ever read was his Adam Strange (which I loved). Besides that his resume is that o a mostly Vertigo superstar, Hellblazer and Swamp Thing being the two biggest titles on his resume. That is entirely going to change now.

Diggle is taking over one of the flagship titles for Marvel. A title that has been handed down from Bendis to Brubaker. Both had proven pedigrees when taking over the title and shot through the roof once on the title. Now either guy can write his ticket in the industry. Anything they touch turns to gold.

For the past decade Daredevil has been the best comic Marvel has produced. Brubaker's 3 years followed the great run by Bendis (4+ years) who inherited the title from Joe Quesada who in turn became Marvel's Editor in Chief. I'm cautiously optimistic Diggle will be good, I just worry that based on his previous writing he's not exactly the right fit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home