crazy colored glasses

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Observations and Predictions...

The Dallas Cowboys had an early game last week, so I settled in with a few burgers (thank you baby) and sat down to watch my favorite team. The game started the Boys drove the field and scored. I thought this just might be an easy game for the Boys. Not so much. The Cowboy got destroyed by a very game St. Louis Rams team. Therefore ruining the rest of my football Sunday.

Even though I was in a foul mood the rest of my football Sunday I was impressed by the Packers (complete dismantling of the Colts) the Bucs (dominating an injury ravaged Seahwaks) and Carolina (they continue to play great at home).  The Pats also showed a pulse in blowing out the Broncos on MNF.

Top Performers of the Week
QB-Matt Cassel: Nice game for the Pats at home against an overmatched Broncos secondary. A nice efficient game.
RB-Stephen Jackson: He took the fact that the Cowboys skipped him in the draft a few years go out on the Boys to the tune of 160 yards and 3 scores.
WR-Antonio Bryant: I've always been a big fan of his potential. Unfortunately he's a knucklehead. He seems to have clicked in T.B. with Jeff Garcia. Once Galloway comes back this passing game could be a huge weapon.
TE-Owen Daniels: Daniels was a big weapon in the red zone for Matt Schaub. 60 plus yards and 2 scores in the Texans second consecutive win.  
Defense-New England: They shut down Jay Cutler and the Broncos while forcing 5 turnovers.
Special Teams-Chicago Bears: A couple of big plays in the punting game helped distance the Bears over the Vikings.

With the news that Romo will not be rejoining the starting lineup before mid-November I don't have high  hopes for the next few weeks. With the Bucs this week and the Giants next, things could get very scary in big D. The Bucs haven't played as well on the road as they do at home. I still think they pull out a close game and drop the Boys to .500. Panthers versus the Cardinals is a really intriguing game of division leaders. I like the Panthers at home. The surprising Falcons visit the Eagles in another very interesting game. I think the Falcons will play inspired football and pull out a shocker. I really like Matt Ryan's composure (he reminds me of a young Tom Brady). The Giants have too much d-line for a porous offensive line of the Steelers. Expect a long day for Big Ben. Colts at the Titans might be the start of the death knell on the 2008 season for the Colts. I think the Titans could have 300 yards rushing in this game. Titans in a close one.

The rest of the weekend should break down this way (11-3 last week). Baltimore over the Raiders.  Redskins destroying the Lions (what's new). Buffalo continues the good times against Miami. New England edging out the Rams. San Diego over New Orleans. Jets (behind Thomas Jones) over KC. Texans extend the winning streak to 3 in beating the Bengals. Jags over Browns. San Fran wins one for the new coach against the Seahawks.

Fantasy Picks of the Week
QB-Matt Schaub: A favorable matchup against Cincy as well as the confidence of two straight victories.
RB-LenDale White: The touchdown vulture should be able to gash the awful run-D of the Colts.
WR-Santana Moss: Detroit awful. I expect them to stack the box and try to stop the NFL's leading rusher. Thus giving Campbell lots of time to find his favorite target.
TE-Antonio Gates: The Saints defense stop no one. With Chambers hurting I expect Rivers to Gates even more.
Defense-Baltimore: They will put way too much pressure on JaMarcus and the conservative Raiders. 
Special Teams-Atlanta: I can't help but think this game will end in a last second field goal.

2 Comments:

  • I think the Eagles will blitz the heck out of Ryan and make it tough on him. Turner hasn't ran well against good Ds. I think the Birds win this.

    By Blogger Lester's Legends, at 6:16 AM  

  • I think they will blitz him a ton. I also do think Matt Ryan has looked great when the Falcons move the pocket for him... which is an effective weapon against a heavy blitz. Just a hunch i'm having with these guys.

    By Blogger LEV, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home