crazy colored glasses

Monday, March 19, 2007

Harley Art



I have a good friend at my old company who is a huge fan of the Batman character Harley Quinn. So much so, that he named his daughter Harley. Late in 2006 I was bit by the art bug. I was trying to draw a lot (never enough) and decided I was going to recreate a Harley cover for my buddy. After lots of back and forth we decided on Harley Quinn #35. I thought there were better covers but I liked the perspective, and thought the angle of the buildings were cool.

I did all of the artwork at my old job. I really did nothing but that piece for a few days. I was quite happy with the way the piece turned out. I thought it looked great except for the speed lines on the bottom of the page, which I decided to free hand after thinking the ruler was taking too long. All in all, I thought it was a great piece. My buddy seemed really happy with it as well.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I truly do love this piece, No one has ever been kind enough to create a cover for me.

    Here is a link to the original Mike Huddleston cover on Comic Art Fans

    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=29579&GSub=199


    I really like the description on this piece too.

    "it also reminds me of a story bruce timm told about various tv taboos laid down by Fox Kids for "batman: the animated series." some of these no-nos included people jumping out a window and children being placed in positions of danger, both of which we see here in the cover of a DC comic book."

    Thanks again.

    By Blogger Batman, at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home