crazy colored glasses

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Burning Babies Smell Good...

My love and I finally made it out to see 300 this past Friday. I loved every minute of it. As much as I liked Sin City, I thought this movie was stronger. A much more faithful adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel. Iconic scenes were lifted directly from the novel itself. Yes its only March, but it has clearly been my favorite movie of the year.

Gerard Butler was great as Leonidas. He was perfectly cast. I mean he is a relative nobody (Phantom of the Opera and Tomb Raider 2) who performed incredibly. Near the end of the film when Xerxes and the Persians are getting ready to surround the Spartans, Leonidas turns to Dilios to send him back to Sparta, to retell the story of the 300 to inspire future generations, and I'm not sure what the exact words were... but my love turns to me and says "Did he just say say burning babies smell good"... I burst out laughing in the theater.

Anyway, I loved this film... one of the best comic adaptations of all time. I'm actually very excited for Zack Snyder to work on The Watchmen. I've always thought it would be impossible to bring that book to the screen, but I also thought the same about 300. I cant wait to see what Zack does with this film.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home