crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Turning 30

For the last few weeks now I've been running a countdown of sorts to the day I actually turn 30 (which is in a few hours now, but whose really counting). Then I decided to sit down and look at my life and I realized... Hold up, there's nothing to worry about, my life's actually in a great spot.

I mean think about it. I have a good job (that I like most of the time.) I have a great family that loves and supports me (my brothers and sisters are awesome), I have the greatest daughter on the planet (if only she could sit still and focus), but the biggest difference in my life and the reason I'm looking forward to my 30's is the love of my life.

She's my everything. My best friend, confidant, the person whose opinion I trust most, in both personal and professional matters. It's amazing how different life can feel when you know you have someone by your side that gets you. Not someone that wants to change you and make you fit what they think a husband, father, adult, man should be... but someone who just lets me be me, who gets me. Someone who loves when I get excited about the latest issue of Action Comics, or who will take pictures of me as I giddily rip open the box that contains my recently purchased action figures of Demoltion. Someone who sits through my constant Star Wars marathon sessions, or who will wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey with me on Sunday afternoons as I settle in for another long football filled Sunday. Someone who knows and loves me for me.

I know I'm far from perfect. I still don't have enough patience. I know I get jealous and fly off the deep end at the drop of a hat. I know I need to be more social, and be a better friend to those people who keep trying, that I just push away. I know I can and will be a better example and dad to my little girl. I know I'm overly-optimistic. I know that I have a bit of a Superman Complex, and that I make promises that I don't always deliver on. Its probably my biggest fault. I overpromise things. I want to give the moon... but even I can't deliver that. So sometimes when you aim for the moon you land on some stars, and you know what, that's not half bad. I'm a simple man, with a simple heart. Whose main goal in life is to be happy.

So I sit here and look at the age 30, not worried, but excited. Excited over what the future holds for me. Excited that someday soon I get to make my love my wife, and share the rest of my days together with her happily.

Zoinks... only 53 minutes left in my 20's. ;0)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home