crazy colored glasses

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Finally, the Detective

So... I'm trying to make more of an effort to blog every day (or at least more regularly). My love thinks its a good idea. She's usually right about these things.

I should have been packing last night (we move into our bigger apartment next week... more space... nice), but instead I was watching the Mets lose (I hate them, so losing is a good thing) while reading the latest Detective Comics. I'm not a big Batman fan, i'm very hot and cold with him. When done right he's brilliant, but he's rarely done right. Except for right now. Both Detective Comics and Batman are enjoying great runs.

Getting back to that latest issue of Detective Comics, it was written by the genius that is Paul Dini. That name may seem familiar to some as the man behind the great run of DC animated series. He had his hands in everything. Batman The Animated Series, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League... everything. He seems to have really taken the title to heart and brings Batman back to his detective roots. All too often Batman swoops in, punches someone, crime solved... but not with Dini at the helm. With Dini writing you get to see the detective and crime solver you so rarely get to see in the comics page. All of his stories so far have been self contained with a larger backstory of the Riddler becoming Gotham's newest uber-detective. I really can't wait to see where Dini ultimately goes with his story, but I'm gonna enjoy every page of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home