crazy colored glasses

Monday, March 06, 2006

No Television... No Problem

Most of my adult life has been scheduled around my ever increasing television viewing schedule. I mean rewind to a year ago and my schedule would have looked something like this:

Monday: 24
Tuesday: Smallville
Wednesday: Alias
Thursday: Survivor, ER
Friday: NBA on TNT
Saturday: HBO Movie of the Week
Sunday: Whichever show was running at 9 on HBO (Sopranos, Deadwood, Sex in the City, etc.)

Everynight at 11:00 was Sportscenter, and during baseball season, i saw every Yankee game (or replay of an afternoon game).

This was my appointment television, I had to be home at certain times to watch these shows. I lived my life around this schedule.

Boy how quickly things change.

Neither my girlfriend or myself have cable, and until recently (this past weekend) we didnt even have an antenna. So we havent seen an episode of anything (other than the premiere of this season's 24) this television season, and you know what i couldnt be happier. We never have to rush home because we fear we are missing something on T.V.. We actually stay up late and talk and read, and get to know each other better. I know it sounds corny, but I highly recommend it to all couples. Don't live your life according to the T.V. Guide. Shut that T.V. off every now and then and just talk. Trust me, it can only help. My favorite part of any day is sitting down and talking to her. She's amazing.

The irony of all this is that i'm rushing through writing this, so that I can get home and watch the 2-hour episode of 24 tonight, I can't wait. ;o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home