crazy colored glasses

Monday, February 19, 2007

Wade Phillips???

I wanted to be really down on the signing of Wade Phillips as coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Yet the more I read the more it sounded like he was right for the team. They also have their own future coach in waiting in Jason Garrett.

I dont know, I just thought the Cowboys would go with a splashier name that would have been able to get the respect of some of these modern big egoed athletes. As soon as the Cowboys started their coaching search, one name kept coming to my mind. Mike Singletary. I thought he did a great job with bothe Ravens and the 49ers the last few seasons. Also having played the game at a very high level and made the Hall of Fame would be pluses. He knows how to deal with the pressure, and he knows what it takes to be a winner on this level. When I heard the Boys were interviewing I was imediately excited.

I thought theyd hire him, he'd turn the defense around, and be able to get TO to play hard for him. I'm not trying to be racial at all, but TO has never had an African-American head coach. Let alone a head coach who was a star player in the NFL in a big city, who has won a superbowl, and is now in the Hall. I dont think I'm crazy for thinking TO wouldve played hard for him. I thought it made too much sense.

So, the Cowboys turn around and do what. Hire Wade Phillips. A recycled old school coach. I dont know if he can relate to the young modern player. He seemed to do great things with a young Chargers defense the last couple of years, so maybe he can turn the defense around. I'm holding out hope that he can be good coach. The team has all the weapons in place and are primed for a long post season run. I only hope they made the right decision for head coach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home