crazy colored glasses

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Incredible Art


One of my favorite hero movies of all-time is also one of my favorite family films of all-time. Disney Pixar's The Incredibles. Simply put, it's one of the best superhero movies ever made. A much truer depiction of the Fantastic Four than anything Marvel put together with Tim Story and Jessica Alba. The characters are beautifully rendered and amazingly written. The story is a multi-layered tale of family, heroism, being true to oneself and redemption. A true masterpiece from the hit makers at Pixar.

This piece is inspired by the comic series of the Incredibles drawn by the amazing Sean "Cheeks" Galloway. I love Cheeks pencils. He has a very unique style. Loose and cartoony but still incredibly structured. Pencils took me about 1 hour. Inks took me about another 45 minutes to an hour. This picture doesn't show it, but I went back in and added layers of gray for added depth.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Sunday Morning:

    M - *gasp* I inked the Incredibles! You needed me to trace thin lines.

    L - Oh... Yeah. But I colored it.

    M looks skeptical.

    By Blogger Madeline, at 6:09 AM  

  • Snap... you're right... you totally inked that. I added in the heavy blacks and then the grays, but you did the heavy lifting on the thin lines.. much appreciated

    By Blogger LEV, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home