crazy colored glasses

Thursday, November 13, 2008

With the Cowboys on a bye, LEV, who is not a cat person, decided to take this week off, too. Filling in for him is his favorite baby boy, Streaky the wonder cat.


Football Sunday was a much quieter day in our house this week when Dad didn't have to suit up and yell at the Cowboys defense. Because I read last week's blog and knew what was going to happen, I was able to sleep peacefully through most of the games. Luckily, Dad came back from the movies on Monday night in time to turn on the TV so I could see the Niners scramble like there was fresh curling ribbon on the field.

The Detroit defense did prove to be awful, Brandon Marshall did help to make Thursday night interesting, and the Eagles were not able to stop Kevin Boss from receiving (stupid birds), but those other predictions... Hopefully no one took Dad up on that Jake Delhomme pick. (Four interceptions?) Josh Cribbs did return 5 kicks for 135 yards, but the Browns were not as hot my litter box. And the "blow-out" between the Cardinals and Niners? It was about as close as I like to think I am when I stare at the pigeons outside the window. Jets-Rams? That's a blow-out.

Top Performers of the Week
QB-Tony Romo didn't throw any interceptions on TV this week. Yay, Tony! Your continued recovery makes my dad happy.
RB-Thomas Jones might never have another game like this, helping stick it to the Rams with three touchdowns.
WR-Anquan Boldin carries. Anquan Boldin receives. Anquan Boldin scores. Anquan is a Cardinal. Birds are stupid...
TE-Antonio Gates is not allowed to play with my toys. His hands are obviously too good and he would get to them every time before me.
Special Teams-Browns: I guess I'll just stick with my dad's blog last week and just say the Browns special teams were the top performers.
Defense-Panthers couldn't have won that game without their defense. Meow.

So where does that leave us for this week? Tonight I think I will sit on the remote so no one can flip over to the NFL network. Spygate and clips of Belichick and Mangini refusing to shake hands makes me want to tear around the house in crazy circles. Sunday should be more interesting (between my naps) with the Bears at Green Bay and the Cowboys at Washington. Monday, however, I don't know if I'll care when we flip over to ESPN during commercials.

Ooh, Detroit at Carolina. Cat fight!

Fantasy Picks of the Week
QB-Kurt Warner is a Cardinal. I would rather grab hold of a fluffy little red cardinal and introduce it to my back claws than face off with a Seahawk, but I think Kurt will fair better than me in Seattle.
RB-Matt Forte will be the best part of the Bears game.
WR-Marques Colston's knee injury against the Chiefs' growing list of injuries is like me and my midget arms against the jingly ball: No competition.
TE-Tony Gonzalez seems to be getting his act together since my mom threatened to drop him. He should continue to perform well in order to keep his place on the Party Sox.
ST-Panthers are better than Lions. Wait, I have a mane...
Defense-Giants will clean the Ravens clocks (because birds are stupid).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home