crazy colored glasses

Monday, November 17, 2008

Detective vs. Batman

Now. let me start out by saying I'm generally a huge fan of Grant Morrison. Plus, I do like what he has done with Batman as a title, but simply put, Paul Dini's Detective Comics (especially this last story arc with Catwoman-a character I love-and Hush) blows Grant Morrison's convoluted R.I.P. storyline away.

Dini has a great grasp on the character from his many years on working on Batman: The Animated Series as well as Justice League. His stories, while multi-layered and riveting, are pretty straight-forward and easy to follow. Grant's stories on the other hand often leave me scratching my head. On top of that, who didn't see Jezebel Jet being revealed as one of the villains... very predictable. Dini on the other hand (and at the same time) has told not only a great and exciting thriller, but a great Bat-universe love story. Batman racing to foil Hush's plan to save his one true love (Selina) is the stuff classic comic stories are made of.

While Grant may be getting all the publicity, Dini has been quietly putting together the best Bat series of the year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home