crazy colored glasses

Friday, August 14, 2009

Irredeemable

When Irredeemable was announced, I must say I was extremely intrigued by the premise. It was basically a story of what would happen if a superman felt betrayed by the public and simply tired of them and decided he was going to take over. He knows everyones secrets and desires, and is the most powerful man on the planet. He simply couldn't be stopped.

At the time I thought it sounded nice but I couldn't afford to add another book to my pull list. Then, a small week happened at the same time that the very affordable Irredeemable TPB was released. This book collected the first 4 issues for less than $10. I figured why the hell not, I've always been a big fan of Mark Waid's.

What I was treated to was a multi-layered story delving into the descent of an iconic super power (Plutonian) who felt betrayed by humanity and decided he had had enough. Hero, villain and civilian all worried (rightfully so) for their place in this new world. The story seems like a natural extension for Waid, based on the storytelling groundwork he laid in Kingdom Come and Empire (two of my favorite mini's of the past 20 years).

I was thrilled to have brought this title, and am now wondering, what title do I drop to continue to buy the next amazing chapters in the Irredeemable saga?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home