crazy colored glasses

Friday, February 11, 2011

Madden Bowl 2011

While in Dallas for the Maxim Super Bowl party, a co-worker was able to score tickets to this year's Madden Bowl. If you know me, you know I'm a Madden junkie, so this invite was a big deal.

As we walked in, Larry Fitzgerald was being interviewed by the entrance. I instantly knew this was going to be a great night. I gawked and geeked out as I saw a ton of NFL stars. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Chad Ochocinco, Mark Sanchez, Matt Forte, Tony Gonzalez, Marshawn Lynch and Josh Freeman were just a small sampling of the current stars in attendance. NFL Legends such as Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin also were in attendance. Both had huge mobs of folks around them, so I couldn't get close to them at all.

The highlight of the night for me had to be when I recognized Jason Witten hanging out. I told my buddies "I wear his jersey every Sunday, I have to go say hello." Upon introducing myself and explaining who I was and how big a fan I was, who should turn around? None other than Demarcus Ware. He turns and says "Shit, you wear an 82 every Sunday, how about some love for #94." My jaw nearly hit the ground, I was in awe. My favorite offensive and defensive Cowboy stars.

After agreeing to take a picture with me, I exchanged cards with their agents and got Demarcus on the list for the Maxim party. I don't think he came, but I did trade emails with both he and his agent. All in all, a night I won't soon forget.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home